At East Coast Toyota Scion we are committed to providing you in the greater Jersey City area with the latest in Toyota News. Many of you may be wondering how the Japanese automaker is rebounding from the devastating tsunami and earthquake that ravaged Japan, and led to extreme Toyota parts shortages.
Well, we are happy to report that not only are new Toyota models being produced at 100-percent capacity, but sales from this past month are up nearly 60-percent from last year. In June 2011 Toyota sold 100,164 units, compare that to the 157,773 units sold in 2012, and it's not hard to see Toyota is back on track!
Curious which models contributed to this impressive improvement? Here's a recap for you:
- 2012 Toyota Camry sold 32,107 units (up 50.2-percent from last year)
- 2012 Toyota Corolla sold 26,647 units (up 41.2-percent from last year)
- 2012 Toyota Prius sold 19,150 units (up an astounding 341.2 percent from last year)
- 2012 Toyota RAV4 sold 15,129 units (up 66.2-percent from last year)
- 2012 Toyota Tacoma sold 11,684 units (up 45.9-percent from last year)
- 2012 Toyota Sienna sold 10,728 units (up 15.8 percent from last year)
The above numbers, which all represent more than a 20-percent sales increase, are proof that Toyota is back and thriving! For more information on the latest Toyota models, stop by East Coast Toyota Scion. We are conveniently located at 85 Route 17 S Wood Ridge, NJ 07075. and look forward to seeing you!