Meadowlands Used Cars Specials: Save $5K On Deals from East Coast Toyota
The 12 Least Expensive Hybrids: And Which Car Dealers in Union City NJ Have Them Now!
For the modern or environmentally conscious, hybrid cars are a trend that’s here to stay. Not only are the cars modern and driver-friendly, but they have a lower impact on the environment, are easier to maintain, and cost less to use. Because of these reasons, hybrid cars have seen an upward trend in recent years.
If you’ve been thinking of buying a hybrid car, here are some of the least expensive cars available today, according to the U.S. News.
(If you’re in the New Jersey area looking for hybrid car dealers, Union City NJ residents can pop over to East Coast Toyota. They’re a trusted dealership in Wood-Ridge with fair prices, excellent customer service, and a fully updated website from which you can browse high-quality hybrids from the comfort of your couch.)
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the list by U.S. News.
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
At the 12th spot on the list is the 2018 Toyota RAV4, which is priced at $27,235.
The U.S. News Overall Score for this car is 8.3/10, although popular car research company Kelley Blue Book (KBB) rates the car 8.8/10. From their review: “Toyota’s 2018 RAV4 is the perfect vehicle for those who want a worry-free ownership experience in a compact-crossover SUV that offers a roomy interior, excellent fuel economy and high resale values.”
- 2018 Toyota Prius Prime
The 2018 Toyota Prius Prime is priced at $27,100, and its U.S. News Overall Score is 8.3/10. KBB rates it at a flattering 9.4/10.
- 2018 Nissan Rogue Hybrid
Next up is the 2018 Nissan Rogue Hybrid. Its price, according to the website, is $27,000. Its U.S. News Overall Score is 7.6/10.
- 2018 Kia Optima Hybrid
Over a thousand dollars cheaper than the previous contender, the 2018 Kia Optima will cost you $25,995.
The U.S. News Overall Score for it is 8.4/10 – so although it’s not a company most people have heard of, it’s definitely earned its position on the list. KBB rates the car 8.8/10, and it has a consumer rating of 9/10 on the same website.
An excerpt from KBB’s review: “The 2018 Kia Optima offers a little something for everyone, packing value and technology at every trim level.”
With a combined mileage of 28 mpg, it’s a great vehicle without doubt.
- 2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
The 2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is priced at an affordable $25,500. Its U.S. News Overall Score is 8.2/10.
- 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid
The 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid will cost you $25,320. The U.S. News Overall Score for this model is an impressive 8.8/10.
- 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid
The 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid is available for $24,120. Its U.S. News Overall Score is 8.0/10.
From its KBB review: “While it faces tough competition from the new Toyota Prius, Hyundai Ioniq and Kia Niro, the C-Max still has a few advantages, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility plus cool upscale features.”
While the car has a somewhat poor expert rating of 7.8/10, consumers rate it 9/10.
- 2018 Toyota Prius
The well-received 2018 Toyota Prius will cost you $23,475. The U.S. News Overall Score for this car is 8.5/10. Get it at East Coast Toyota – the nearest car dealers to Union City NJ!
- 2018 Kia Niro
Another amazing car from the Korean manufacturer, the 2018 Kia Niro is available on the market for a mere $23,240. The U.S. News Overall Score for the 2018 Kia Niro is 8.1/10.
- 2019 Honda Insight
Priced at $22,830, the 2019 Honda Insight is very budget-friendly. U.S. News gave it an overall score of 8.2/10.
The car has an 8.8/10 rating on KBB, and an impressive mileage of 52 mpg combined. From KBB: “Do you want the money-saving benefits of a hybrid, but you’d rather not drive an eco-conscious statement piece? Then the tastefully styled Honda Insight could be the hybrid for you.”
- 2019 Hyundai Ioniq
The 2019 Hyundai Ioniq will cost you $22,400. Its U.S. News Overall Score is 8.2/10.
- 2019 Toyota Prius c
Priced at just $21,530, the 2019 Toyota Prius c is the clear winner. With three Priuses on this list it comes as no great surprise. Did you know that the 2019 model will come with an All Wheel Drive (AWD-e) option? Read all about it here [hyperlink to ECT’s post].
The car has a U.S. News Overall Score of 7.4/10 – although the experts at KBB have shown it some more love, with a 9.6/10 rating.
The Four Toyotas
Four Toyota models featured on the list. If you’ve been planning to buy a hybrid car, this list is a great starting point. The Toyotas are all popular models, so you’ll find them at most car dealers in Union City NJ. East Coast Toyota has them too, and they all have attractive discounts!
Let’s take a look at some of their specs below.
The 2018 RAV4 has a combined mileage of 25 mpg, with 22 mpg in the city. It has a 6-speed automatic transmission, and a 2.5l DOHC 4-cylinder with dual VVT-I engine. Let’s take a look at some of its other features.
- 550CCA maintenance-free battery with run down protection
- 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel ABS, front vented discs, brake assist and hill hold control
- Cruise control with steering wheel controls
- Front map lights, outside temperature gauge, air filtration unit, driver footrest, front cupholders, and various other useful features
- Various gauges: speedometer, odometer, engine coolant temperature gauge, tachometer, trip odometer, trip computer
- Remote keyless entry
- Safety features: multiple airbags, rear child safety locks, side impact beams, low tire pressure warning, lane departure alert
To see all its features and our special internet pricing (for the XLE Sport Utility model), visit the link above.
The popular Prius Prime has a 1.8l 4-cylinder DOHC 16V VVT-I engine, and a lithium-ion traction battery. The charging time is 5.5 hours at 110/120V and 2.1 hours at 220/240V. Let’s take a look at what else it has to offer.
- Gas-pressurized shock absorbers
- Electric power assist steering
- Engine auto stop-start feature
- Double wishbone rear suspension with coil springs
- Delayed accessory power, front and rear cupholders, day-night rearview mirror, cargo space lights, carpet floor trim, and various others
- Driver knee airbag, passenger cushion front airbag, curtain 1st and 2nd row airbags, dual stage driver and passenger seat-mounted side airbags, dual stage driver and passenger front airbags, and other safety features
This car’s currently in stock, and our special internet price is quite a lot below the amount stated by US News. Book a test drive today! You can buy this car for a great price at East Coast Toyota – the best hybrid car dealers near Union City NJ!
This handsome black car has a city mileage of 54 mpg, and a 1.8l 4-cylinder DOHC 16V VVT-I engine with an aluminum block and head. It has a 4.11 axle ratio, 11.3 gallon fuel tank, and a lithium-ion traction battery. Let’s take a look at its other features.
- Regenerative 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel ABS, front vented discs, brake assist and hill hold control
- 3 LCD monitors in the front (entertainment feature)
- Remote keyless entry with integrated key transmitter, 2 door curb/courtesy, illuminated entry, illuminated ignition switch and panic button
- Full floor console with covered storage, mini overhead console with storage
- Two 12V DC power outlets
- The driver’s seat is 6-way adjustable, and passenger’s seat is 4-way adjustable
- Radio with seek-scan, MP3 player, speed compensated volume control, steering wheel controls, and internal memory
You can buy this car at a discounted price at East Coast Toyota – the best car dealers near Union City NJ! Book a test drive online today!
2019 Toyota Prius c
The 2019 Toyota Prius c hasn’t been released yet, so unfortunately ,we don’t have all its details. As the car’s details become available, we’ll update them on our website. Here’s what we know about their AWD-e version so far:
- The long-awaited model will offer an excellent mileage as always, with 52 miles/gallon in the city and 48 mpg on the highway.
- The AWD option is not intended for regular, daily use like in the case of a heavy-duty car, but instead for short bursts of power like for getting out of a driveway that’s slippery with ice (and uphill).
- In the new model the rear wheels are powered at up to 6 miles per hour for an easier launch. When needed, the motor can reach up to 43 miles/hour.
- Prius chief engineer Shoichi Kaneko stated that the high mileage was a priority, so Toyota decided to not make it a full-time system to cut back on energy consumption.
If you’d prefer to buy a used car, East Coast Toyota deals in them too. East Coast Toyota is one of the best car dealers near Union City NJ, with a large stock and hard-to-beat prices. In addition, they extend a special internet pricing on many top models. It’s a breeze looking for (and buying) previously owned vehicles from the dealership.